SEC Delegate Bike Tour
A special treat for busy delegates visiting Glasgow
This is tour is ideal for people visiting Glasgow, but are on a tight schedule. The tour can be arranged at a time to suit you and will last around an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. It will start at the SEC and wander into the West End. During the tour, we will take in the Clydeside, Kelvingrove Park, Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow University’s quadrangles and cloisters, the river Kelvin walkway and the Botanic Gardens if time permits .
If you think you will have time, the Glasgow City 3 hour Tour is available, starting and finishing at the SEC.
SEC Delegate Bike Tour Hotspots
- The Clyde Auditorium. Locally known as the Armadillo, this building is one of the most recognisable structures on the river Clyde and was built to increase the capacity of the SECC.
- The Finnieston Crane. One of the most iconic structures on the Glasgow skyline, is retained as a testament to the tradition of engineering on the Clyde river.
- The West End. Glasgow’s world renowned “chic” centre.
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Located on the banks of the Kelvin river, this is a breathtaking building and is the most visited free to enter tourist attraction in Scotland. A must see for any visitor.
- Glasgow University. As the 2nd oldest university in Scotland, Glasgow University is linked to Glasgow Cathedral in that its early teachings started there and the university eventually being given papal approval in 1451. Another fantastic and impressive building.
- The Botanic Gardens and Kibble Palace. Originally known as “The Kibble Crystal Art Palace”, this fantastic glass structure is now housed in Glasgow’s Botanic Garden. The site was formally taken on by Glasgow City Council in 1891.
A reminder about Glasgow’s weather
Glasgow is lovely in any weather, whether it’s gloriously sunny or ingloriously dreich (a Scottish word for drizzly and cloudy). Our guides are happy to go out in all weathers, so don’t panic or assume the tour is off if it rains. Just remember to bring a waterproof!